Isn’t it nice to see all the changes that come with the new year?! The constantly changing weather, the opportunity to fulfill resolutions, and…Trail Life!
We kept it pretty low-key for our last two meetings of 2015, as we were fast approaching the holidays and many of our families were ‘dashing through the snow’ to get to Christmas parties and family gatherings. Now that we’re beyond that season, we’re looking to get the new calendar year off to a great start with our Trail Life program!
We haven’t had a camp out for a few months now, but that’s about to change. It sure does get cold at night down on Chemo Pond, though – so the Trail Life leaders have arranged to make our next outing a ‘CAMP IN‘ at the Crossroads Main Lodge building. Don’t worry, we’ll still have all the fun of a camping trip – campfire meals, games out on the field, and lots of time for our boys to fellowship and play – but we’re going to be setting up our cots and sleeping gear near the big fireplace where it’s nice and cozy warm.
Here’s some more details for the event:
- Location: Crossroads Christian Camp (click here for directions)
- Cost: $5/person (boys and dads)
(don’t let cost keep you from coming – talk to Steve or Simon if this is an issue)
- Set up: 5pm Friday, January 22nd (bring an appetite, we’ll be cooking supper over the fire!)
- Break down: 1pm Saturday, January 23rd (after we finish lunch)
* * * We need to plan for meal sizes, etc. so please RSVP to Simon or Steve by Saturday 1/16. * * *
Also, this Saturday (1/16) we are doing some refreshers on camping skills (like cooking/cleanup) during our regular meeting – please get your boys to our next meeting on Saturday, January 16th to be a part of the learning experience!
At the ‘Camp In’, our boys will be involved in:
- cooking (and eating!) meals,
- learning camping skills,
- playing winter games (pack your outdoor winter gear!), and
- Worship & Devotion by the campfire/fireplace
This is a great opportunity for dads to spend some time with their boys (plus, these events tend to be as much fun for the dads, if not more!). We look forward to seeing everyone over the next couple weeks.