Hello to our Trailmen and families!
The ‘Camp-In’ is upon us. This event is for boys and dads – please plan on being there if you can. We have activities planned for all of us to work together and play together!
If you and/or your boy(s) intend to join us , and you have not yet RSVP’d, please please please get back to us ASAP. Although the cost is $5 per person, please don’t let this stop you from coming. We would like to collect the money on Saturday so that we can reimburse the church for our food costs. (Our food supplies will be purchased soon, and we want to have plenty for everyone!).
In the posting last week, I promised a follow-up email with more specific details about what to pack. Here goes:
Packing List: (You and your sons may not need all of the things on this list. If you don’t have something, ask around. If you have to buy an item, I would suggest that you try Marden’s or Walmart first. This should cover everything that you and your son need.)
- sleeping bag or blankets
- sleeping pad
- something to sleep in (top and bottoms, please)
- complete change of clothes
- outdoor clothes: hat, gloves, boots, warm socks
- You don’t have to worry about food – we’ve got you covered
- If you or your boy has any food allergies, it’d probably be a good idea to mention them to Simon and/or Steve
- We’ll have plenty to drink, so don’t feel the need to pack bottled water.
- personal medicines
- tooth brush/tooth paste
- pack, duffel bag, or other type of bag to carry your stuff
- No electronics, please.
- If you don’t bring it, you won’t lose it.
- There are no showers at the camp.
I hope you and your boys are as excited as we are for this event!
God bless you, and we’ll see you in a few days!