Here is the information for the Day Mountain Loop on the Acadia Carriage Roads coming up this Saturday, the 8th of April.
Dysart’s Travel Stop in Holden
(junction of Rt. 1A and Rt. 46)
Meeting Time: 10 am
Finish Time: 7 pm
Here are the things that your son will need:
- a BAG LUNCH
- some trail snacks
- weather appropriate clothing including a hat, gloves and a jacket
- rain gear
- a small bag / backpack to carry their supplies in
(remember Simon’s trick – put a plastic bag inside your pack to keep your gear dry!)
Rain / Inclement Weather:
Boys & parents should pack appropriately for bad weather. We plan on hiking rain or shine. If we are faced with an unexpected nor’easter, leaders will be in touch with parents on Saturday morning to announce alternate plans.
* Make sure your trailman has plenty to eat for his lunch and snacks. It is going to be a long day. Feeding them a good solid breakfast will also help with the hungries on the trail.
* A dry pair of shoes, socks and a SMALL (hand) towel might make it a nicer for them on the ride home if it does rain. This stuff could go in a separate grocery bag since it will stay in the vehicle.
* There is no admission fee for this event, but we’d like everyone to bring enough money (aprox. $2) to get a small hot chocolate on the way home.