Guess what this post is about? The trip to the University of Maine’s planetarium!! Are you ready to learn more about the things that God put into the heavens? I know I am!
Schedule of Events:
- This Saturday (5/13) Regular Meeting @ Crossroads
- Next Saturday (5/20) No meeting
- Sunday (5/21) Hit the Trail: Planetarium Trip!
- We will be viewing the show: Earth, Moon, Sun
- We will meet at the Emera Astronomy Center at 1:30 pm, and the show runs from 2pm until 4pm. (Directions below)
- This trip is open to all family members.
(Parents are responsible for any other children they wish to bring.)
- TICKETS: Each parent will be responsible for buying tickets. It was suggested to us that our families purchase tickets in advance. Ticket prices and purchasing info can be found at the website (from the above link).
From Main Street (Rt.2) in Orono: Go north across the Stillwater River bridge and bear right at the traffic light onto Park St. In about half a mile, turn left onto Rangeley Rd on the University of Maine Campus. Follow Rangeley Rd. for about 0.8 miles and the Astronomy Center will appear on your right. Visitor parking is conveniently located behind the building.
From Interstate 95: Take exit 193 and follow Stillwater Avenue toward Old Town to the fourth traffic light. Turn right on College Avenue and one mile later turn left onto Long Rd. next to the Alfond Arena. Continue 0.7 miles up Long Rd. The Astronomy Center should be visible at the top of the hill. Turn left in front of the Astronomy Center onto Rangeley Rd. and then right into the parking lot. Visitor Parking is conveniently located behind the building.
Directions Link: https://astro.umaine.edu/about/contactdirections/