Greetings one and all,
This week’s meeting (June 17th) is going to very similar to last week only with two distinct parts.
First, we are going to try and finish our service project. As you may recall, we are stacking firewood for the Crossroads Christian Camp.
Second, we are going to conduct our annual swimming competency tests. The testing allows us to determine who our non-swimmer, beginners, and swimmers are. In turn, this will allow us to make sure that the right boys are in the right part of the swimming area when we are cooling off from the heat.
Here is what you will need to bring. As a matter of fact, these things can replace the winter items that you were bringing until summer is over. We plan on spending quite a bit of time in the water.
- a pair of work gloves (if you have them).
- It’s probably a good idea to wear a pair of jeans
- bring a long-sleeve shirt with you
- NO open-toed footwear – like sandals/flip flops!
- a bathing suit
- a towel.
- Old sneakers or water shoes might be nice for walking around by the water, as well.
- something to carry it all in
Crossroads Christian Camp is lending us one of their lifeguards to conduct the tests and to help the boys out with some basic swim instructions. The camp also has changing rooms for us to use.
Looks like an afternoon of work AND fun. Hope to see you there.