This is part two of the Labor Day Weekend Camp-Out, Hike, and Swim. This post covers the menu and packing list.
News Flash—-cost of the camp out has dropped to $15 per person! This covers food and swimming.
- Large Pig in a Blanket (hot dog wrapped in a crescent roll)
- baked beans
- Mountain Man Breakfast (eggs, cheese, sausage, hash browns scrambled together in a dutch oven)
- sandwiches (bread, turkey, ham, chicken, cheese)
- chocolate chip cookies
- foil packs (hamburger, onions, carrots, potatoes, peas, canola oil spray)
- apple cobbler (apple filling, white cake mix, butter)
- maple syrup or peanut butter
Drinks for Meals:
- apple juice
- hot chocolate
- coffee (for dads only)
Misc. Food Comments:
- Please don’t pack snacks & junk food.
- If you or your boy has any food allergies, make sure to let the adult leaders know!
PACKING LIST: Please refer to the packing list on the website.
Misc.Packing List Comments:
- Temperatures are dropping at night. Bring appropriate, warm clothing!
- We suggest sweat pants, sweat shirt, and socks for sleeping.
- Closed toe shoes are required.
- Swim shoes, flip flops, or old sneakers are a good idea for getting to and from the pool.
- If you have a life jacket for your non-swimmer or beginning swimmer, please bring it. The troop will be able to bring few extra in case you don’t have one.
- No electronics, please.
- If you don’t bring it, you won’t lose it.
- There are no showers at the camp.