Are you excited for camping? Here’s the plan for our trip at Eaton Brook this weekend (6/29-7/1).
Where: Eaton Brook Camp Site (The one behind Steve Page’s property. Text/call Steve for more complete directions.)
- Friday (arrive around 5:30-6:30):
setup tents/site, dinner, service project discussion/planning, free time/campfire
- Saturday Morning:
Breakfast (boys cooking), cleanup, service project, prep for lunch
- Saturday Afternoon/Evening:
clean up from lunch, trip to the pool at Cold River Campground, head back for supper, then free time after supper
- Sunday Morning:
Devotion/Church, Breakfast, site cleanup, head home
What To Bring:
Check the Packing List page here on our blog for the standard packing equipment.
Misc.Packing List Comments:
- Closed toe shoes are required.
- Swim shoes, flip flops, or old sneakers are a good idea for getting to and from the pool.
- If you have a life jacket for your non-swimmer or beginning swimmer, please bring it. The troop will be able to bring few extra in case you don’t have one.
- Don’t forget your swim suit and towel.
- Don’t forget your bug spray and sun tan lotion.
- Pack a long sleeve shirt/long pants in case the sun gets to be too much for you.
- trailmen/dads can bring fishing poles to use during free time if they are interested.
- No electronics, please.
- If you don’t bring it, you won’t lose it.
The meal plan was decided on by the boys & leaders at last week’s meeting.
The price will include five meals (Fri:D Sat: B/L/D Sun: B), plus admission to the swimming pool. All of this for $15/person.
(Please let Simon/Steve know if you need financial assistance – we want to make sure your trailmen can be a part of the fun!)
Dear Trail Lifers-
A reminder that tomorrow’s (6-23) meeting location has been changed. We will be meeting at the East Eddington Community Church instead of Crossroads Christian Camp. The church is located on Rt 9 just before the intersection with Rt. 46 The time will be the same as usual.
Trailmen and families-
Here, with no further fanfare, is the camp-out and major event schedule for our troop for this summer. Please note that the first three camp-outs (June, July, and August) are “two-nighters”.
- June 29-July 1 — Eaton Brook (also know as “behind Steve’s house”)
(This is the 5th weekend, not the 4th. Regular meeting on 6/23.)
- July 20-22 – TBA
- August 24-26 – Acadia (Blackwoods & Otter Cliffs – see notes below)
- September 28-29 – TBA (Fri/Sat – 1 night only)
- October 26-27 – TBA (Fri/Sat – 1 night only)
- November 17 – Flag Pick Up (East Eddington)
- November 24 – TBA day trip
Please ink these dates on your calendar. We would like to have a solid grasp on who will (or will not) be able to make these events. This information will help us with all the various planning that is required to make the trips a success and to keep the costs down.
Most importantly, we need to know about whether you and your boys will be able to make it to our end-of-summer highlight camp out on August 24 – 26. We will be staying at the Blackwoods Campground at Acadia National Park. Costs will be divided among participants as usual (site rental fee, food, Park entry fees, etc.) so it is important for us to get a commitment from families as soon as possible. Please note – the camp site is limited to 15 people (adults & children combined), so please get back to us soon to reserve your spot.
Rocky ocean coast at sunrise, Otter Point. Acadia National Park, Maine, USA.